Saturday, February 6, 2010

Thank goodness it's the weekEND!

I was oh so happy for Friday to end this week :) I feel like it was one battle after the other this week with a big blow out to end the war yesterday!!

I'm thinking the score is Reese 50 Rebecca 0.

It all started by Reese taking off her dirty, dirty diaper herself. We have been potty training so it is hard for me to discourage her not wanting to wear a diaper BUT lord help us, she got it (poo!) everywhere!! Gross, I know, but I had to include that just so every one gets the whole picture!

I put her in the bath where she proceeded to pull in with her the pig and blanket despite my best efforts to pry them from her clinched, dirty hands. Oh well, they needed to be washed anyway; they were getting a good pre-soak.





As if there wasn't enough chaos in the mess, she slipped on her blanket in the bath, fell against the side and busted her lip open. Yes. She's screaming crying, bleeding down her chin. I jerked her up, dripping wet to console her and the only thing she wants is her blanket and pig, which are drenched in the tub. So then she was whaling even louder because she couldn't have her things.

Worst part is I hadn't finished washing her off when she fell so after she calmed down I had to put her back in the bath. After we finished up with that fiasco, washed and dried off, we put on warm comfy clothes and settled down.

But it wasn't over. I still had to deal with the wet pig and blanket. They haven't been washed in so long because Reese usually will not part with them. So needless to say she was not happy that I put them in the washer. Cried forever about that, stopped about the time the wash cycle was done and started all over again when she saw me put them in the dyer. The poor girl stood outside the laundry doors crying for a good 20 minutes.

What a morning!! I know moms don't ever really get days off but needless to say I was ready for Robert to be home! Luckily we already have a babysitter for tonight...couldn't have come at a better time. I think a breakdown is inevitable at this rate :)

Galatians 6:9 Let us not become weary in doing good, for at the proper time we will reap a harvest if we do not give up.

No comments: