Monday, April 5, 2010

Hoppy Easter!!

Every holiday has been better than the last this year and Easter was no different! Reese is really starting to enjoy each occasion and that makes it even more exciting for Robert and I. We had a very busy weekend so I'll try to include all the fun!

Early this week we made Easter buckets with Cabe and Nicole. While Nicole and I painted their buckets Cabe and Reese painted each other! They had so much fun and just giggled!

(Sorry for the poor picture quality. I forgot my memory stick for my camera so all of the pictures from the week are from my phone.)

All Together Now!

Saturday morning Robert flew in early and Reese was so so excited to see him at the airport. (She has turned in to quite the daddy's girl!) We spent the day in Memphis with all of the Browers, literally all of them! Which is special because Robert's oldest sister and her family live in Italy, and obviously can't come visit too often. Lana and her husband Jon have Grace and Carlo, who Reese adored! The Memphis cousins, Elizabeth, Josh and baby Mason, were there too. I bet Grandma Judy and Grandpa Larry didn't realize how rowdy Easter was going to be!

The six grandchildren on the Brower side pretty much stair-step in age from 10 to 6 months so Reese had a variety of people to follow around. She had so much fun and was so tired when we left she was asleep before we got out of the driveway!! I was so upset all the kids were together and I didn't have my camera but we did take so group pictures so I'll try to post some of those if I can get some copies. Family pictures are always so much fun to look back on. Just this weekend Robert was laughing pretty hard at some of the framed pictures at my grandmother's!

Easter Bunny

Earlier in the week Mom, Dad and I tried to get Reese to sit with the Easter Bunny but she wanted NO part of it!! After our visit with Santa at Christmas I didn't want to traumatize her again. But Saturday afternoon we met mom and dad, Jay and Nicole and Cabe at the mall. Cabe wanted to see the Easter Bunny and of course, Reese follows him anywhere so we thought we might be able to get a picture. Cabe ran on up and hopped in the bunny's lap but when Reese realized what Cabe was doing she started slowly backing up. So my mom went and posed her in the picture. It was probably the first time she didn't want to do what Cabe was doing!


Sunday morning the Easter Bunny left a pretty fabulous basket with bubbles, a bathing suit and...cow girl boots!!! For the last two or three weeks every time I tell Reese to go get her shoes she brings me her pink rain boots. So, I figured if she was going to wear boots every day maybe we needed to ask the Easter bunny to bring another pair of boots. Anyway, she LOVED them! I really thought she was going to wear them to church! I really wish I had a video of her spotting the goodies, it was priceless! Just the pure excitement and joy, I'll never forget it though. I couldn't of a sweeter way to start the day.

This picture doesn't begin to show the amount of excitement over the boots and bubble wand!
We went to church with my parents, and Cabe and Reese just had to go into the same nursery class. We ate lunch with my dad's mom. We have hunted eater eggs over there as long as I can remember. This year it was fun to hide the eggs. Reese had no real interest in hunting but Payton was sweet enough to try and help her. She was more interested in chasing the other grandkids around. On that side of my family, including Reese there are 9 great-grandkids! Seven were there and somehow Uncle Bill managed to put all of them except baby Katherine on the four-wheeler with him. Reese was grinning ear-to-ear she was so excited!
Overall we had a wonderful time. There is nothing sweeter than spending the holidays with family and friends! It was a nice long visit, 10 days!! Gosh, thinking back on the holiday is kind of exhausting! Ha!Ha! We did do a lot but it was the first time we have been home for a long visit since last summer so we really enjoyed ourselves!

No comments: