Monday, January 25, 2010

Monday is the new Sunday

So let me explain. We used to call Sundays "Sunday FunDay!" (originally named by Brittany Shook :) ) because we liked to take Reese to do something fun she would enjoy. We usually try to stroll, go to the park or to the mall, just the three of us go do something! But lately it has been so rainy on the weekends that Sundays have turned into lazy nap days. Robert and I enjoy those but I think Reese gets a little stir crazy! Anyway, I have kind of unofficially named Mondays as Reese days for she and I until it gets warmer.

Last Monday we went to the zoo, which was a blast! Reese always likes to watch the other kids more than the animals but this time the giraffes were running around like crazy so she actually watched them. I'll even admit they impressed me!



Today was our second Monday celebration. We had planned on going to the aquarium but I got a late start to the day and it just wasn't coming together...one of those mornings! So instead we went to Borders. Many of you know Reese loves dogs. Any size, shape, color! She stops dead in her tracks when she hears our neighbor's dog bark or even sees one in a commercial. I thought she would enjoy getting a book all about puppies and we have a nice bookstore right around the corner. Anyway, we had the whole kids corner to ourselves and got to browse and play for a while. It was really neat to see Reese picking out books I can remember reading when I was little: Chitty Chitty Bang Bang, The Hungry Caterpillar, Freight Train.

We ended up getting Doggies by Susan Boynton. She has a great collection of cardboard books that are fun and very durable!! A definite necessity for any child :)









After that we went by Target and Toys-R-Us and stopped by the park on the way home. We didn't stay long at the park; it was so windy and still muddy from the weekend. Reese fell getting off the slide and was not very happy about the dirt on her pants. We rounded out the day with tacos for dinner - Reese's fav! She is so entertaining at this age I just love getting that much quality time!!

In honour of everything puppy today, we added "The Daily Puppy" to the side. It will show a new puppy each day! (Something probably only we will ever look at but that's what its all about...Reese!!)

No comments: