Tuesday, April 20, 2010

Chicago

I usually try to keep our post about the sweet babe but Sunday was Robert and I's first anniversary! Yes, it has already been a year! So we took a weekend trip to Chicago to celebrate!

And have I mentioned how much I love my sister and mom?! Nicole and Cabe met us in Nashville and kept Reese for the weekend. So, really, Reese had a little vacation too. They spent the whole day at Opry Mills shopping and seeing lots of neat things! They had lunch at the RainForest Cafe. It's this really neat restaurant with animals and all kinds of crazy things going on! Mom said Reese was sleeping when they got there and woke up so surprised when she saw an elephant at their table! Nicole has been wanting to take Cabe there for a while. She always has the best ideas for the kids and I know they loved it! I was really jealous I didn't get to go!

In Covington, Reese got to go to the dirt bike track and watch granddaddy and Harold ride. Dad said she was covered head to toe in dirt before they left...can't imagine that ;) She isn't scared to play hard!

We met up with mom and dad on Sunday when we got back again at Opry Mills to do a child exchange. I never realized they had outlet stores there?!? I definitely see a girls weekend there in the future!

I know Reese had fun because when we left she just cried and cried for Su-Su :(

Mean while, Robert and I had a wonderful time in Chicago. If it wasn't -100 degrees there the majority of the year it would be hands down my favorite city! We stayed at a fabulous hotel (The Millennium Knickerbocker Hotel), ate at nice, non-chain-no-kids-allowed restaurants, went shopping, sight-seeing, to a baseball game...ahhh...love just thinking about it!


One of Robert's friends, Joey, even gave us the locals tour! He calls Chicago "The biggest small town." I think that is a perfect description! Here are a few of our pictures...
Our first stop, and probably my favorite, the HUGE Hershey's store!! YUM!
Robert at the Navy Pier. Yes, we were total tourist but the skyline from there was amazing!
The Sears Tower (well, the Willis Tower now)
Sitting on the glass floor!!!! WAY up high!!
Satuday we went to the Cubs vs. Astros game at Wrigley Field I love their stadium and feild. It is so orginal and old you really get into the atmosphere! Robert kept saying "I can't believe they don't have a jumbo tron!" :)
It was FREEZING! And we didn't exactly pack appropriate clothes for the wind! We each had to buy jackets! But we had the best time!

No comments: