Friday, May 21, 2010

It's Official

After two wonderful years of staying home with Reese I am going back to work! I feel so blessed to have shared this time with her but feel like we are all finally ready for this chapter in our lives and excited to see what it will bring.


Almost 2 months ago, I went in to interview {although for a different job} but for some reason never thought it would lead to anything. About two weeks ago, after a follow up meeting in a different department, they called and offered me a position! After two months you would think I would be mentally prepared but today when they called and said "Can you be here at 8:00 a.m. Monday?" pure panic set in! Am I really going to have to leave my baby? Do I really have to be up and dressed that early?

In my mind and heart I know that God is 110% behind this; but, there is still a huge ball of nerves in the pit of my stomach saying "No! No! Just stay home until Reese goes to college!!" :)

All afternoon I have been on the verge of tears as reality is setting in. No more sleeping in, no more staying in our PJs until after lunch {yes, some days we do that!}. But then tonight, Reese came running into the living room with one of her books {she brings them out one by one each night, wanting to read, hoping to delay her bed time :)} and this is what we read:

O Daniel,
True and faithful,
On bended knee you pray.
Our God way up in Heaven
Hears every word you say.
Will He answer quickly
When the lions growl and snear?
Of course He will,
So just be still,
And know that God is near!
- Daniel 6:27
I wouldn't compare my job to lions but there is a peace in the words "be still and know that God is near." I guess it was one of God's subtle reminders that He is in control.

No comments: