Monday, May 17, 2010

Too Much Fun for Two Days!

We certainly made the most of our time this weekend. And to think, Friday I thought we might get bored! I felt like we were tourist we did so much!


Saturday morning we saw on the news that Dora {yes, DORA!} was supposed to be at the Aquarium!! So of course we had to go! I was almost more excited than Reese. Not to mention, Robert had never been to the aquarium; usually Reese and I go during the week when he is working.
Reese was as excited as usual to the the fishies!
And she was quite the little tour guide!

I think Robert was really impressed! I talk so highly of the aquarium so I was glad it lived up to his expectations!

Sadly though, Dora was never spotted! 11Alive news is on our very bad list!!!

Saturday night {afternoon} we went to the Braves v. Diamondbacks! It was mine and Reese's first game of the season.


She is so much bigger and more aware of what is going on this year so Robert and I didn't really know what to expect from her at the game. We went early enough {2 hours early!!} to see batting practice. We knew it could go two ways: she would get all of the running around out of her system and be tired by game time or she would be fed up and cranky by game time. Luckily she did soo well and I think really had a great time!





Robert even caught a ball during batting practice. Never in a million years did either of us expect this! I had no clue the ball was even hit in our direction :)
He was so excited!

The Braves stadium has a little kids area with fun baseball games. We went up before the game started and let her run the base. She was so excited and did a really good job! She was slinging her elbows and trying to go fast!
I had to get a video!!



Robert even taught Reese how to do the tomahawk chop!

She was again so excited!!

Sunday morning we went to church. Reese was so tired when we picked her up from the nursery I'm not even sure she was awake! She was snoozing before we made it to the parking lot! But I'm pretty sure she had a big time playing because she had a crayon stuffed down her diaper?? :)
After a long nap, Sunday afternoon we headed out to the softball fields. Robert's league team has started back. They had their first two games this weekend and are 1-1. Bob hit a triple and I think overall they have a lot better team this year! So we were out there from 4:30 to 9 and Reese played in the dirt the entire time!
I think it would have been more appropriate to hose her down when we got home {or just dip her in the pool} but we opted for a sink bath. We haven't done this in forever and she loved it!! It really made me realize how big she has gotten!

We had a wonderful weekend! I love the quality time with my little family, even as exhausting as it can be!

No comments: