Saturday, February 27, 2010

Shopping, Playing, and Lots of Treats!

So I'm still playing a little blog catch-up. We went to visit my parents last week and of course had so much fun! It was the first visit in a while that we weren't rushed and actually had time to relax and visit.

I got to hold baby Katherine (my brothers 4 month old) while she was awake! Seems like that sweet little girl is always sleeping...although I know that isn't true :)


And Payton was there! We missed her at Christmas so Reese was so excited to follow her around! Payton is so sweet and patient with her.



Reese was probably the most excited to see Cabe..or Caaa! She just follows him everywhere and is completely content to chase him in circles. They each have similar silky blankets, Cabe's is blue and Reese's is pink, and they spent the majority of the time trying to take the other's away. I have a feeling these two are only going to get more comical! I've got to mention my favorite little story from these two...from this trip. They were buckled in their car seats side-by-side in the very back of my mom's car on the way home from the mall. Cabe had fallen asleep and Reese was leaning over towards him repeatedly yelling "Caa!" Probably had to be there to understand the adorableness but she just loves her some Cabe! (and Coley!)

"Don't you get my blanket!"

Ray Charles?!

Tickle Time!! They voluntarily laid down for mom to tickle them. I think Cabe's exact words were "Get me Su-Su!"

Reverse. Attack Su-Su!!

She looks like such a natural with two ;)
I think Reese thought Katherine was a baby doll. She just didn't understand why she couldn't hold her.

We also had a play date with Anna Laura and Ann Charlette and Anderson tagged along as the only boy. Never thought I would have 3 car seats in my car!!
We took them to McDonald's for lunch and to play in the play-place - I'm not normally a huge fan of those but when it's so cold they have to run wild somewhere! I think Reese was excited to see another little girl in bows and such because she is so often around little boys, maybe that's why she can be so aggressive?! It was interesting! Thank goodness for Anna Laura because she ended up having to climb through and help them all down. We joked that taking 3 small children to McDonald's wasn't our typical outing and a few years ago we would have never imagined it! But I still love her! I pray Reese finds a friend as amazing as Anna one day!
Ann Charlette was so excited to let Anna take her picture and Reese was terrified!!



We rounded off our trip with a visit to Grandpa Larry and Grandma Judy's house. Sadly I don't have any pictures and I soo wish I could have video taped Reese with the girls (the Brower's two dotsons, Tessa and Poppy). Reese was absolutely ecstatic to see them! Grandma Reba was there too so of course we had to take them sweets ;) Grandma Reba has a sweet tooth like me! Although our visit with them wasn't as long Reese still had plenty of time to show off. (And even though she now knows doggies bark she was making the pig noise!)
I can't say enough about how great our time was with family and friends. Lots of food, talking, monogramming and more food! Hopefully it won't be another 2 months before we can do it again!

No comments: