Monday, March 1, 2010

And all is quiet...

Robert is gone to work, Julie picked up Dani and Reese is still sleeping...aahhhhh! I little time to myself :)

I know my blog posts have been a little long lately, but I was just looking back over them and I feel like so much has happened and changed in the last few months. Time is passing SO fast and my baby girl is really growing up! I guess since so many of our friends and family live away I don't want them to miss anything. So often I take the little accomplishments for granted. It wasn't until last weekend when I was talking with Robert that I realized how grand these "small" accomplishments are!

We have always said that Reese was going to have quite the personality and each day she is showing us more of herself. It is a great gift from God to see your small baby turn into a little girl.

Anyway, this post is solely to tell the little things Reese is doing at 20 months.
  • Loves to color (and holds the crayons correctly)!
  • Needs a tissue after she cries to wipe her tears. -- maybe one of the sweetest things I've ever seen
  • Knows tons of animal sounds - cat, dog, frog, cow, sheep, pig and horse - and recognizes their picture.
  • Talking a ton! Saying mama,dada, puppy, peas (please) and so much more!
  • She also uses her hands to talk. Robert claims she gets this from me. The other day Julie kind of twirled her hands and Reese was so fascinated and kept trying to mimic it.
  • She mimics everything we do! Talking, cooking, texting :) bouncing or throwing the ball and jumping!
  • Climbs up the stairs and slides down all on her own.
  • Loves to sit in her rocking chair from Aunt Crissy and read her books.
  • Which brings me to, she thinks she can read. She points at stuff on the pages and talks away. She rarely lets me read to her, she reads to me now :)
  • And I am sure many of you know, she loves the cell phone and knows if someone is really on it. If you hang up on her she gets upset!
  • Can drink out of the medicine cup without any help.
  • She remembers so much. Which way the pool is, where we keep the crayons and where we hide the phones.
  • Tells me "No No" when I fake cry. Ok, I used to do this and she would hug me. Now, she puts her finger to her mouth and shhes me then yells "No No!"
  • Loves shoes!
  • Likes to watch TV and lay on our bed. I have no idea where she gets this?! She pulls me into our room, usually at night or on the weekends, I guess when Robert is hogging the TV (haha). It's not like she even watches cartoons, last night she watched the closing ceremonies for the Olympics! And she wants to do it alone. This really makes me feel like she is getting big!
  • Signs "more" when Su-Su sings to her.

I'm sure this will be irrelevant to most of our blog followers. I guess this post is more for me, to help me remember.

No comments: