Friday, March 12, 2010

"Help Me! Help Me!"

Reese likes to do this thing where she climbs on our legs from the couch to the ottoman, falls down and wants us to drag her back up, repeatedly. It kind of drives Robert and I crazy! Tonight after dinner she was doing the usual climbing when she slid off the couch and was just dangling by her legs, barely hanging on. (Before I precede let me state that our couch is maybe 2 feet away from the carpeted floor and that no children were injured in the making of this story.) Neither Robert nor I were really paying her any attention when she yelled out clear as day "Help Me! Help Me!" I don't know why but I just died laughing! I loved it!! We all know she has been talking for a while, talking quite a bit, but this was different. This was a no doubt about it phrase, not like when we were like "I think she said da-da" or "did she just say puppy?" And the weird thing, where did she learn this? It's not like Robert and I walk around yelling for help...although if it worked I would definitely try it - "Help me with the ironing!!" Anyway, we pulled her back up on the couch and she continued to climb and crawl all over us :)
Other than that there is not a lot to post about. It has rained here most of the week so we have been confined to inside activities which neither Reese nor I are very fond of. We did bake a cake one day. Reese grabbed the eggs and before I could blink smashed all three on the counter :) We did a little window shopping at the mall. Reese was entranced by the Sephora store. (It's a huge make-up store with neat bright lights.) She literally stopped dead in her tracks when we walked past it. I had one of those TV moments where I imagined her getting loose in there and then me dragging her out covered in make-up...future note: avoid that section of the mall! And best of all, Robert got home at a reasonable hour every day last week!!! Today he was home by 5:30! CRAZY I know!! I could definitely get used to that!

No comments: